06/02/2012

One day

One day I'll have to try to understand my distaste for "old" societies. I tend to be attracted to more recent, vibrant ones, contradictions included. That's how the USA became my second home, followed by Brazil, and now increasingly Israel/Palestine. One day I'll have to understand my lack of inclination towards "traditional" anthropological fields, my resistance to big difference and attraction to small difference (between my environment and the Other's). One day I'll have to understand my distaste for "tradition" as such (including also some old anthropological staples such as rural environments and the like) and my attraction to innovation and invention. But one day I'll also have to understand my inclination towards innovation as the development of something that was there already - not utopian or messianic invention-from-scratch.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário